Search This Blog

Fall is almost here!

I can definately feel the change in the weather. The mornings and evenings are cooler, but still pleasant. As I was out for my walk this evening I was thinking about how many things are about to change with the coming of fall. The colors of the leaves will turn brilliant shades of orange, yellow and brown.

 My wardrobe will soon change. I will wear socks and shoes again! The meals I cook will be different. I love making comfort foods, and soups in the fall. I bake different things like apple pie and pumpkin scones. I have already indulged in a pumpkin spice latte!

 I change some of my decor in the house, and I bring out different, heavier quilts. I was just thinking that I have never really made a quilt just out of fall colors. Hmmm... Maybe that should be on my list of things to do.

I know many of you take a bit of a break from quilting in the summer. Once the rain begins, sewing season will be here! I am looking forward to some new projects as well as tackling some UFO's this Fall. I hope you are too.See you all soon at the September meeting!


Sincerely,

Gloria