Search This Blog

October 2017 Message

It's been a great month. Fall in unmistakably here. I am really enjoying it!

I enjoyed chairing our September meeting, but the evening flew by faster than I expected. I didn't even get to my "Healthy Quilters" segment that I had planned out for you.

My September segment was going to be about taking care of your health. In upcoming months, we will learn about things we can do to prevent strains and pain that can occur from the way we quilt.

Before we go into those segments, give yourself a head to toe health assessment. Is there anything that is bugging you? Perhaps there is something that is preventing you from fully enjoying your quilting hobby. Make the decision to take care of your health. Perhaps you are putting off a diagnostic test that the doctor ordered. Maybe you haven't even seen a doctor for a check up lately. Make up your mind take care of these things. For myself, I was noticing for quite some time that I needed glasses. I finally went to get my eyes checked, and then got glasses. It sure makes a difference when I am quilting! I am so glad that I did it. Not every health ailment is cureable, but there is help out there to make us able to function the best that we can.

That's my message for this month. Now.... back to my quilting!
See you at the October meeting.


Sincerely,

Gloria