Search This Blog

February Letter

Hello everyone,

This coming weekend will be the three day retreat at Brookswood. I wish I could make it for all three days but unfortunately I cannot. I have to work on Friday. I will be at the retreat on Saturday. On Sunday I will be finishing up last minute details for the meeting on Monday evening. Since I will be doing the program at the meeting I want to make sure that I am prepared.

I am sure a great time will be had by all that attend the retreat. It seems like a good time of year to be wrapping up some projects. Now that we have all of the instructions for this year's community quilt, we can complete some of those. I finished my community quilt top last week. I had been wondering if I made poor fabric selections for this year's quilt for several months now. In the end I feel like the colors all pull together nicely. I took an online class once from Craftsy, and I remember the instructor saying "Always add some fabric you think is ugly into the quilt. It adds interest and makes all the pretty fabric stand out even more." I took her advice and I included a couple of fabrics I felt were kind of ugly in this quilt. These are the ones I was worried about. In the end I was pleased with the result after all.  It is so much fun to see how the fabrics you choose look!

It is still cold outside, and it just feels like a good time of year to finish up some of the UFO's we still have. You know the ones. We all have them!

I am looking forward to seeing many of you at the retreat on Saturday and at the meeting on February 19th!