Search This Blog

April Letter

I was so inspired by our guests from the Fraser Valley Modern Quilters Guild at our last meeting. I learn something from every presentation we have at our meetings. I went home and started working on a new modern quilt right away.

But...I got to thinking about why I love the group that we have.

We are not restricted to showing or talking about just modern quilts. Although I love modern quilts, I also have a great appreciation for all other types of quilts. Our group is large enough to have members with diverse talents. Our group is small enough so that everyone knows everyone. People in our group are so willing to share tips on how to do things with each other. I feel like we are a very positive group.

Although we make small changes from time to time, we remain, for the most part unchanged. There is something to be said for a group that has so many quilters with diverse talents. I love seeing the work of hand quilters, applique work, paper pieced work, and traditional blocks. These are all talents that I hope do not get lost amongst all of the modern quilters out there.  We need to keep these techniques alive! Members from our group are still producing timeless treasures using these methods and I love it.

Keep it up everyone!