Search This Blog

March letter

It's finally beginning to feel like spring! Now that we have had daylight savings time, and a few warm days it is definately beginning to feel like we can say good-bye to winter.

Can you believe we only have three more regular meetings left, and then our year end party! The year seems to be going by so quickly. I am really looking forward to the rest of the meetings this year. I think the programs are going to be great!

 I really love buying new fabric, and it is hard to control my urge to go shopping, but using up old fabric is fun too.  This month, I have been working on using up some fabric that was given to me.It had been sitting in a bag on my floor in my sewing room for several months. I hadn't put it away with the rest of my stash because I really wasn't very fond of some of the fabrics. I was on the verge of throwing the whole bag out. Then I read an article about "Going green in the sewing room". March, being the month of St. Patricks Day, is a good time to think about green. The article from Quilters Connection magazine, encouraged thinking about the word green as a verb instead of the color.  I took it to heart, and decided to make something out of it. I challenged myself to make something I liked out of something I didn't like.  I have to say, I am really glad that I decided  to put myself to the challenge. It is not a complicated quilt, but I like it, because it has a quaint country charm to it. Some of you have seen my project in progress at Brookswood. I will bring it along to our next meeting to show, even if I don't get it finished.


I am looking forward to seeing some of the UFO's that you have been working on at our next meeting. Have you ever almost thrown away fabric, but then made something you liked out of it? Bring it along to show at Sew, Show 'n' Tell. We would love to hear about it.

If you would like to read the article I read, I put the link to it below.
https://quiltersconnection.ca/going-green-sewing-room/