Search This Blog

February Letter

Happy February! I just pulled my heart quilt out of my closet and put it out. I just love having a couple of seasonal quilts. I want to make more of them. It is fun to bring them out just at the right time of year. Do you have any seasonal quilts? I know some of you do, I have seen them at sew, show 'n' tell. When I bring a quilt out that I haven't seen in awhile, I just stand there for a few minutes marveling at my own work. I am not saying that to be boastful, it's just that sometimes I forget what I have done until I see it again. It feels new and fresh again.

Often when I have been spending many hours working on a quilt, I get to the point where I am almost finished, and I suddenly feel tired of looking at it. I just want it to be finished already. I have to push myself over that hump just to get to the finish. Once I get finished, I am happy-- but... it isn't until later, after I put the quilt away for awhile, and then bring it back out, that I really feel like I appreciate it.

 I suspect other quilters probably feel this way too. Until next time, happy quilting!