Search This Blog

The special edition newsletter

Get ready for some quilting days with your fellow Crescent Quilter members. It will be a great time!

Just a reminder...

 This coming Friday, Saturday, and Sunday (March 1st, 2nd and 3rd) is our Spring Retreat.


BROOKSWOOD

-There is a $5 per day fee. 
-Since we did not have a meeting in February, there was no sign up sheet for this retreat (We usually have a sign up sheet for weekend retreats). This one will be first come, first gets a spot. You may leave your machines overnight.

Then... On March 13th there will be a free motion quilting class with instructor Lynn Fanthrope. The price is $25. The class will be held at Brookswood. This will be the first of three classes she will put on for us. If you have not yet signed up for this, please check with Lynn M. if there are any spots left. At last check the class was getting close to being full. If you miss out on this chance, you will still be allowed to participate in her next two classes. Stay tuned for more information on upcoming dates. If you have already signed up stay tuned for more information from Lynne M. closer to the date.


Lynne will be teaching beginner FMQ techniques. Whether you’ve never taken a class or you’ve taken a class and since forgotten, Lynne will be sharing her experience. 
Here’s Lynne’s Fanthropes' bio:
 I have been sewing since I was 7, buying my first machine at 12.  I didn’t start to quilting until 1994. For the first few quilts I did straight line quilting with my walking food.  My first attempt at free motion was when I realized I couldn’t turn a quilt to continue stitching so I dropped the feed dogs and free motion quilted in the ditch.  That was about 1998 and I have free motion quilted ever since.  I began teaching in 2007 when our guild set up a free motion mentorship program.  I have spoken at most of the guilds in the lower mainland and have taught from Powell River to Victoria and all over the lower mainland.  I love teaching people to quilt because for me it is the best part, or maybe just the most fun,  of quilt making.

No comments: