Search This Blog

October Letter

Hello everyone, I hope you have  enjoyed your Thanksgiving weekend. I did! My family had a great time enjoying a turkey dinner and visiting. We talked about many things that we are thankful for. It is a great time to reflect on all of the things that are good in our lives.

We also reflected on those that are less fortunate than us, and what we can do to help them. So many people are struggling. Some with addiction, health issues, mental health issues, financial trouble. Although it is impossible to help everyone in need, it feels good to help out people that we can.

We also have to take care of ourselves. We can get so wrapped up in all of the activities of life, that we forget about our own needs.

I truely feel that quilting is my therapy. When I spent time quilting, I feel like I am recharging my own mind. I think things over, make decisions, chill out after a stressful day at work. It does me so much good to indulge in "me" time. I feel like it balances my life out to have some quiet time after all of the commotion of a busy day.

I suspect many quilters feel the same way. That is why we keep doing what we do. Cutting up fabric and sewing it back together again may seem odd to non-quilters. To me it is the greatest, most enjoyable hobby imaginable!

I am thankful for my quilting friends who have the same passion and love of the hobby as I do.

Looking forward to seeing you soon at the next CQ meeting.

Gloria


No comments: