Search This Blog

November Letter

 Hello everyone,

Here we are, almost the middle of November. Wow, I can hardly believe Christmas is just around the corner. This is the time of year that many quilters begin to feel like the pressure is on to finish up projects that they want to give as Christmas gifts. I always think I have plenty of time, and then suddenly I realize that I have to hurry up and get it done! That's when I start staying up a little later just to get some more quilting done.
I was doing some free motion quilting today. As I was quilting, I was focusing on what I felt were imperfections in my quilting. I wanted my quilting to be more uniform, and no wobbles in my lines. I was feeling unhappy with what I was doing. When I reached a certain point I stopped, and put the quilt on my bed. At that point I shifted in the way I was thinking. Suddenly the lines that I saw as imperfect suddenly didn't matter. They gave the quilt a charming character. The quilt has a "made with love" look to it. I think it is perfectly imperfect. I am pretty sure this is how the recipient of the quilt will see it as well.

If you are making a Christmas gift, don't stress about getting it perfect. Your family member or friend will cherish the item and all of the perfectly imperfect quilting on it. 

Whether you are quilting or doing other chores, don't forget to take breaks.  Try going for a walk. The autum colors are spectacular!. It will refresh your body and spirit to get out there and enjoy. I loved my walk today with Sophie my Golden Retriver!
See you soon,

Gloria

No comments: