Search This Blog

April letter

Dear Crescent Quilters,
What a month it has been! Life has changed so rapidly and unexpectantly. I now stay at home where I feel safe whenever I am not at work. I venture out to get a few groceries once a week or less. I make do with less. I cook with what I have in the house instead of running out to the store to buy ingredients that satisfy my every whim. I have spent a great deal of time just pondering how to make the best of this situation. I have come to the realization that I cannot worry about what may be ahead. There is no way of guessing what twists and turns my life will take in the next little while.
I have been redeployed to a medical ward at work. I now work 12 hour shifts. I work a mix of days and nights. This is something that I haven't done in 17 years! It feels foriegn to work on a medical ward after all this time in the Operating Room. Somehow, I just have to adapt to the situation.. I am forced to do things that are outside of my comfort zone. Somehow, this is probably good for me. I am expanding my knowledge and skills. On top of all this, I feel concern for my mothers' safety at this time. She has been discharged from the hospital, and we are trying to safely provide the care that she needs at home.

I take time to unwind by going into my sewing room and working on my projects. I have several projects on the go, and I have been jumping around from one project to another. I just work on whatever I am in the mood for each day. I haven't had any finishes this month, by I am making some progress. More important than finishing projects at this time is the benifit of clearing my mind as I sew. More than ever my quilting hobby is my therapy!

I have enjoyed the emails filled with support and encouragement that I have recieved from many of the people in our Crescent Quilters' group. I hope that many of you are connecting with each other in this way. It really does make a difference at this time. That is what is so special about our quilting group!

Stay strong, stay healthy!
Sincerely,

Gloria

No comments: