Search This Blog

Placing a value on a quilt

 Submitted by Carolyn S.

The newspaper recently had a feature on “Buying Canadian this Christmas” and they provided gift suggestions available in each province.  My favorite was this one from Newfoundland:
“Order a handmade family heirloom from the Quilters of Fogo Island! You will consult with the maker to choose the pattern, colors and size you want. 
Starts at $1450.”

At first I was stunned at the quoted price and then I thought “Good for the  Quilters! They are putting a meaningful price on their hours of work. I hope they get lots of orders.”


Read an article on placing value on a quilt here

1 comment:

hiddendepths said...

Thanks for posting this good article, Carolyn. It really makes me realize how much time we spend on things. No wonder I have trouble finishing!