Search This Blog

Letter for January 2021

 

Hello everyone, Happy New Year! I hope you are well. 
I know some of you have been very productive by the sew, show 'n' tell photos you have submitted. I have to admit, I have not been quilting as much lately as I usually do. Even my husband has been commenting that he hasn't heard the sewing machine much lately.  I have been giving myself excuses for not doing more quilting. One excuse was my new computer. I have been getting used to it, and fine tuning all of the settings. Another other excuse has been that I need a new blade for my cutting wheel. It seems ridiculous, but it was true.  I finally bought a package of six new blades, so I won't have that excuse any more for quite some time. Now I can get going on all of the projects that I have planned for 2021. My other excuse is that I wanted to write my own patterns. I took a course, then realized that it was going to be quite a learning curve for me.  I stopped sewing because I was always on my computer attempting to write my own patterns. It was taking up all of my free time.  I began to realize that I miss sewing, so I am putting my pattern writing on the back burner for just a little while so that I can focus on what I really love to do. I did get hooked up with a whole network of people that also took the course, so I am sure we will motivate each other to eventually complete some patterns. 
If your quilting has come to a halt, what's stopping you? Is it easy to fix? Now is a good time to fix the problem that is preventing you from doing the hobby you love so much! I hope that you are networking with other people in this group. By keeping connected with other Crescent Quilters, we can motivate each other. Let yourself be inspired by the photos in the sew, show 'n' tell. Connect with each other this coming Monday evening with ZOOM if possible. These are the types of things that give us a little boost of enthusiasm.

Talk to you soon!

Gloria

No comments: