Search This Blog

March Letter 2021


  It's beginning to look like spring. The cherry blossoms are about to burst open. The days are getting noticeably longer. Hope is on the horizon now that the vaccines are rolling out. There are many reasons to feel happy.

Are your feelings reflected in your fabric choices when you are creating a quilt? Mine are. When picking fabric from my stash this time of year I tend to go for more pastels and florals. Spring like colors pop out at me and they are practically calling out to me to choose them. During the darkest days of winter I choose dark fabrics. I am not always aware of what is influencing my fabric choices. It just seems to happen. 

Do your moods influence your fabric choices? Perhaps they do and you have never even thought about it.

Join us for our Zoom meeting next week. In addition to the online Sew, Show 'n' Tell, I will be talking about quilt planning. Everything from planning the purpose, to design and color choices. This talk may spark your creativity. Watch me do a live demonstration of using Pattern Jam, a free computer program to help start planning out quilts.

Hope to see you there!

Gloria

No comments: