Search This Blog

June letter

 

Well it's been great being the President of Crescent Quilters for the last four years. I have truly enjoyed this role. I have enjoyed all of the friendships that I have made during this time. I have gotten to know many members quite well over these past years.  I have kept you all close in my thoughts during COVID, even though we haven't been meeting.

It is with a little bit of sadness that I am writing this last letter as President of this group. I tell myself that the friendships that I have formed while being President will continue even into the years ahead. We have such a lovely group of ladies! When I think of all of the community quilts that our group has made, and all of the help that we give to each other, I feel truly humbled and grateful to be a part of this group.

Although my role as President has come to an end, I will still be very involved in our group. I will be helping out our new President Susan as much as I can in the coming year. I am also happy to be taking on my new role as Secretary for next year. I am feeling very excited that great things are ahead for our group. Getting back to meeting in a way similar to before Covid times will most likely start in the fall. I can hardly wait! I am also looking forward to the day when we can sit and sew together at Brookswood. I always enjoyed those days.

I hope that you feel the same excitement for next year, and I hope that most of you will renew your memberships once again next year!

I hope to see most of you at the Zoom meeting next week. Talk to you then!

Sincerely,

Gloria
 

No comments: