Search This Blog

A special letter written to us

 Attention: Crescent Quilters

June 14, 2021

Donna,

I just received a telephone message from you regarding 15 quilts that you are ready to donate to the residents at Peace Arch Hospital.

Every time you call we are so excited to meet with you to accept this gift and of course to see and admire the quilts before passing them along to their intended recipients. I often imagine that each quilter has a person in mind when they bring a quilt to life and I also try to imagine how touched the recipients and their families will be at the gift of a hand made quilt.

It warms my heart to know that during this difficult time some of your members have been able to follow their passions to create beautiful works of art for others; to keep them warm and to let them know they are being thought about and cared for by others in the community around them.

I have not even seen the quilts and already I know myself and my colleagues around me will get the first look and then in my travels to the Long Term Care buildings many staff and patients will stop me to admire this lovely gift.

Working with groups like yours is what I love so much about my job. I look forward to seeing you tomorrow.

Sincerely,

Julie Dahl on behalf of PAH Volunteer Resources

Jule Lutz on behalf of the staff and residents in Long Term Care at PAH


No comments: