Search This Blog

July newsletter

 

Special Summer Edition🌞
We have wrapped up the year for Crescent Quilters.  Even though we were not able to meet in person, we enjoyed the year as best we could. For those that participated in the Round Robin, we kept connections going and some people got to know each other better through the activity. We were able to see each others' faces on zoom and enjoy some virtual sew, show 'n' tells. The last zoom meeting highlighted quilts from the round robin. After the virtual show 'n' tell, we had a fun game of Quilt Bingo. Gillian was the winner. She will collect her prize in September. If you wanted to see the recording of the last Zoom meeting but didn't get around to it yet  Click here to get to it
You will need to enter this passcode: RR2@8su. Note, you need to include the period at the end of the passcode. If you prefer, you can view all of the quilts seen on the zoom meeting by clicking on the Sew, Show 'n' Tell link on the right side of the page.

Here is a message from Faith
Thank you so much for recording the show and tell portion of the meeting.  We are right in the middle of setting up our newly renovated house and moving back from my brother’s place.  I was crushed when I realized I would miss the meeting.

First of all, I want to thank everyone for participating.  Some of you were anxious about doing it.  Are you kidding me???  Wow!  You all blew my socks off!!  The ingenuity and creativity that has come out of the simplest instructions is just incredible.  I was fascinated to see the wildly different quilt tops.  I am so proud of everybody.  Really I am.

I apologize that I was unable to send a picture of my own quilt top.  I was part of Team Amazing, and I couldn’t be more thrilled with what I received back from the group.  Here it is, just unpacked after the move!



I can’t wait to see all these quilts in person.   That will be a great celebratory day for sure.

                                                                 

 👏Many of you worked on community quilts and turned them in. Thank-you for your dedication to this wonderful contribution to seniors in our community.
Here is a note from Donna:
I know that some of you have quilts to donate that are larger than the size for Residential Care. I have word that Come Share will accept quilts lap size or larger. These are used as direct donations to a senior, raffle fundraiser to benefit Come Share or to honour a volunteer. I am happy to pick up any community quilts at any time, thanks --Donna Mercer

About next year:
Seniors Come Share has confirmed that we can meet at their location in the fall. They do have some requirements though.
-They want attendees to be fully vaccinated
-They have a questionnaire that they want each person to fill our (asking if you have any   symptoms of illness).
-They have a thermometer that they would like us to point at each person's forehead or wrist   to make sure that they   don't have a fever before entering.
-They want us to sanitize surfaces we use before leaving.
-They said the maximum number of people for the room was 100 before Covid, so up to 50   people are allowed now.
-Masks are optional
The executive committee will be meeting soon to firm up plans for the fall. If there are any members who know that they will not be renewing their membership for next year, please let us know soon. Debbie will be our new membership coordinator. It will be helpful to have an idea of how many spots will be opening up for new members in advance.

Our first in person social on the Brookswood grounds since phase 3 of  the pandemic reopening plan took place recently. Click here to see photos from our Brookswood get together

Please check out the dates for meetings and Brookswood section on the right for information on upcoming dates that we will be meeting.

No comments: