Search This Blog

January Letter

I have spent the last couple of weeks getting back into the regular routine after Christmas. The Christmas tree is gone, and most of the Christmas decorations are also put away. I am getting back to quilting. I took the day off of work to quilt at Brookswood this Tuesday. It was such an enjoyable day! We accomplished quite a bit, and also enjoyed each others' company.

One of the things I like about getting together at Brookswood is all of the conversations we have with each other. We helped each other out with quilting advice, and talked about many other things too. We even celebrated a Birthday of one of our members.

I joined the Canadian Quilters Association recently so that I would be able to sign up for a one day Gloria Loughman workshop that will be taking place at the show on June 1st. I had a feeling it would be a popular workshop so I wanted be be able to sign up right away during early registration for members on January 9th. The workshop I wanted sold out in only 3 hours! There was a computer glitch, and I was not sure if I actually got the course that I wanted. After several days and many emails to CQA I was happy to find out that I got it! I hope that you are thinking about buying your tickets for the show and perhaps participating in some of the workshops as well. It is rare that we get to have such a big quilt show so close to us. I am really excited about this event. Non-members will be able to sign up for workshops and buy tickets on Jan 29th. I hope to see many of you there!

I am looking forward to our meeting on Monday evening. See you there!