Search This Blog

February letter

Hello Crescent Quilters,

Sometimes life takes unexpected turns. This year got off to a very busy start for me. With my mother being hospitalized, and then discharged from the hospital, I have spent many hours taking care of her. I was beginning to feel burned out, tired, and sad that I didn't have time for quilting. Then I decided to take one of my sewing machines to my mom's place. I set it up in her dining room. I found that I could squeeze in a little bit of quilting therapy every now and then. It made me feel happier again!
I decided that since life got complicated, I would simplify my quilting. I worked on a very simple nine patch quilt. I found it very enjoyable. Quilts don't have to be complicated to be nice. A simple, but pleasing to the eye, functional quilt can come together quite quickly. The thing I like about making small, simple quilts is that I don't ever get to that phase where I think "Oh, I am so sick of making this quilt, I just feel like putting it aside for awhile." That is how my UFO's are born. When making a big, complicated quilt, I get to a point where it becomes a mental game. I have to keep coaxing myself to press on and continue what I started. You know what I am talking about right?
Sometimes we just need a break from that serious type of quilting. This years' nine patch challenge is the perfect kind of project, because you can make it super simple if you want. You can make it quickly, and someone else will appreciate and use your creation!

Enjoy your quilting! I encourage you to share what you have been making at our next sew, show "n" tell.  We love seeing all of the projects, even the most simple ones!

I can't wait to see you all soon!

Gloria

No comments: