Search This Blog

Link to an Article

 Submitted by Crescent Quilter member Linda B.
The Radical Quilting of Rosie Lee Tompkins 

(from the New York Times)


This made my day, my week, it may last for the month! 





When John said "here’s an article you have to read", my thoughts went to the dreariness of the world.  I saw the first “Who’d Thought It” show at the Holter Art Museum in Helena, Montana. 


I moved from Montana in 1991 so this was long ago.  
My parents saw it first. 
 Mom forgot her camera so went back to get it. They both LOVED the show.  I taped a photo of my Dad in front of one of the quilts in my book “Who’d Thought It.” 

I can identify with her as she had someone else who quilted many of hers.  She liked making the tops.  I now have 35 tops to quilt and MANY potholder size.

This article is an interesting read, and has many great photos!


-Thanks for submitting this Linda.

No comments: