Search This Blog

September letter


 Hello everyone. I hope you are all well. I hope you all had an enjoyable summer despite the pandemic. Whenever we start a new year I get excited about new projects. I am looking forward to the year ahead. This will be the first round robin I have ever participated in, and it sounds like fun. I am also looking forward to the next community quilt challenge.

During the pandemic, most people have slowed down a little bit. Personally, I have never been busier.  Now that all of the operating rooms are open once again, we are working extended hours to try to catch up for all of the months we were running at reduce capacity. I am also in the middle of renovating my kitchen.  My 85 year old mom has required more of my help this year too. On top of all that, I have been trying to make a little bit of time for quilting as well. I have several projects that I hope to finish up this year. I will just work on them bit by bit until I am done.

It was so nice to connect with some of you at the last outdoor Brookswood day. I have really missed everyone over the past while. I think we may be in for a difficult fall and winter due to the pandemic. When the pandemic first started, I had now idea that we would be in for such a long haul. I am hoping that a year from now we will be over the worst of it! We have to make an effort to keep us connections with one another during this time. It really helps us get through the tough times! Consider calling up or emailing other Crescent Quilters' from time to time just to stay connected. 

Don't forget to contact Carolyn, our Sunshine Coordinator, if you know of anyone in our group that is going through a particularly difficult time. She will send a little sunshine their way!

Until next time, happy quilting!
-Gloria

No comments: