Search This Blog

How Elaine B. likes to spend her Thanksgiving

 


    I really like to decorate my house for the seasons.  I loved the turkey quilt, and thought it would make a nice addition to my Fall quilt collection. I went a bit overboard and made two more as gifts for my sisters.  Making the turkeys was fun; the lettering, not so much.  But I know they love them, too, and hang them up each year.
     As an American born Canadian, I am fortunate to be able to celebrate Thanksgiving twice each year. We often travel down to Louisiana to spend American Thanksgiving with my three sisters.  Thanksgiving there with various in-laws from different places has brought different food traditions, notably four different kinds of dressing or stuffing—my favorite is cornbread dressing like my mama used to make.  Somehow, mine is never quite as good as hers was, but I keep trying.  Dessert can be as varied as lemon meringue pie, apple pie or pecan tarts; my husband contributes pumpkin pie.  We have our main meal on Thanksgiving in the middle of the day.  That allows us to watch football all afternoon, then snack on leftovers that night.  I will certainly miss being there this year.
Other seasonal quilts made by Elaine.


No comments: