Search This Blog

October letter

 



Happy Thanksgiving everyone! This year is not the typical Thanksgiving. With Covid 19, many families are choosing not to meet with extended family this year. Although we may be missing out on the typical gatherings and feast that go along with it, there are still many things to be thankful for. There are too many things to mention, but here are a few things I am thinking of. I am thankful for my health. I am thankful to still have my elderly mother. It's been a tough year for her, but she is doing much better now. I am thankful to still have my old dog. She is walking slower these days, but I still cherish my walks with her.  I am thankful for my loving husband. We just had our 26th Wedding Anniversary! I am thankful for all of the beautiful fall colors I see when I go for my walks. I am thankful for the friends I have in this quilting group!

I am looking forward to the next six weeks as I have enrolled for an online class to learn how to make quilt patterns. I always have ideas swirling around in my head, but I am not sure how to write them up into a pattern. I think this is something that I will really enjoy. For me, the hardest part is figuring out how much fabric I need, and also getting the measurements right. I hope that I can overcome these obstacles with this course. The participants of the course have formed a facebook group to connect with each other. I have already been chatting with a few of them.  My problem is that I never seem to have enough time to accomplish everything I would like to do. I have more ideas for quilts in my head than I will ever have time to make! At least if I get them down on paper, I will keep the ideas for when I do have more time. I will let you know how it goes in future newsletters.  




No comments: