Search This Blog

May letter from the President

 

Hello quilters, 

I have been thinking quite a bit about my role as President this past month. I have been in this role since 2017. I can say that I have truly enjoyed being the President of this lovely group. It has been a pleasure to be in this role. We have the Zoom meeting coming up next week where we will be talking about the executive committee for next year I have been trying to decide what to say about my position. Although I have loved being the president of this group, I think that I should give someone else a chance to take ove this position.

Someone new my bring fresh ideas and ways of leading the group. A new style of leading the meetings once they resume. It is healthy for a group to have a change in leadership once in awhile. 

If we have a willing member to take over this role, I can hand things over and give us much help to the new person as they would like to have. 

My hope that for next year we are able to maintain most of the same members in our group. We have such a lovely group of people, I just hate to see anyone leave. It has been a long haul through the pandemic. When we stopped having meetings I expected that it would only be for a couple of months. I hope that through this long time apart we have not lost our momentum as a group! 

If you are interested in the role, feel free to email me with any questions you may have about the role before the meeting. If we are stuck without any volunteers for the role as President, I will stay on for one more year. Either way I will still be very active within our group.

The executive committee has decided that we will not collect dues for next year until September. By September, we may have a better idea of when will  be able to start meeting in person again. 

I hope to chat with many of you soon at the Zoom meeting next week.

Sincerely,

Gloria

No comments: