Search This Blog

November 2017 letter

Hello everyone, I hope you are well.

I have jumped on the fidget quilt bandwagon this month. I must say, I have really had some fun experimenting and putting this together. I will bring my fidget quilt to our November meeting to show. Making this quilt reminded me of when I was in grade four. My teacher had an art area at the back of the classroom. Once we finished our math work for the day, we were allowed to go over to the art area and create art until the rest of the class was done with their writing. I always hurried through my math because I wanted to make art. She had a large bucket of miscellaneous items that we could choose to encorporate into our art. These were items that were interesting shapes and textures that would have been recyled or tossed in the garbage.

One day at work, I had a piece of medical tubing that wasn't used  and was going to be wasted. I decided to take it home and cut it up into a few different segemets to use in my fidget quilt. From this one piece of tubing, I used three different portions of it, all very different in texture and shape. I am really big on texture. When this quilt gets used, the person toying with the items on it, may not really be looking at them closely, but squeezing, pinching, or rolling them, enjoying the texture.

I am working on the label now. I am going to include information on the label about what I included in the quilt. The people who recieve and look at the quilt will probably find it interesting to know that there are pieces of medical equipment encorporated into the quilt. I am going to talk more about labels for our fidget quilts at out next meeting. I have received some suggestions about the labels.

I hope to see you there. It's going to be a great evening!