Search This Blog

March recipe of the month -- Scones

Here is a great scone recipe. This is from Gloria. These are especially good when served  still slightly warm. They go so well with a nice cup of tea.

Before I made these scones for the first time I watched the youtube video, which I have added a link to. (Click on the link below it will take you there). Although this is a slightly different recipe, I used the technique from the video. I found this to be very helpful and enjoyable to watch.

                                                    watch the video here
                                                         

Ingredients:
2  1/4 cups flour
2  Tblsp. sugar
1/2  cup butter
2  1/4  tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 cup buttermilk


About 1/2 cup of currants or grated cheese if desired.

Mix as shown in the video link.

Bake at 425 degrees for 8 - 12 minutes. (until nicely golden brown)